Shopaholics Unite! Black Friday and Cyber Monday are just around the bend!
You will be able to find some great deals, as long as you don’t let the stress of shopping and crowds get to you!
So, here is my advice to survive the sales:
- Be prepared. Know the stores you want to go to and have an idea of what you are looking for.
- Know what is final sale because it is on sale. Some stores have a return policy only on regular price merchandise, so make sure you know what you’ll be able to return because you bought it spur of the moment and what you’ll be stuck with.
- Remember that Christmas is coming, use this time to get great gifts at a great price.
- Create a budget and stick to it. From experience when you are looking at so many deals it can get overwhelming and you forget about budgeting. You just buy everything you see because it is such a good price. Do not do this, remember what you need and who you need to buy for.
- Don’t hesitate. I know I have always said take the time to think about your purchase, but there are days this rule does not apply. These are those days. Things won’t last long (epically at a good price) and items can become sold out even if they are in your online cart. Only start shopping when you will have a chance to finish, having to step away with items in your cart might leave you disappointed when you come back and realize they are gone.
- If there are things you know you want to purchase, prepare early and add them to your online cart before Friday. This way you can easily go to your cart first thing and see which of your items went on sale and which ones are still regular price.
- Don’t let you laptop die! I know this might sound silly but it has happened to me where I get so caught up in what I’m doing I ignore and forget about the notification that my laptop battery is about to die…and then it shuts off. Keep your charger near and pay attention to those notifications.
My last piece of advice for those shopping online, don’t forget to use ebates.ca!
Good luck and happy shopping!